Greeting the students and parents in the front of the school with superhero music and smiles was a terrific way to begin the school year. It was a great way to create a buzz for the entire school from the very arrival of our students.
Dismissal on the first day was no worse than last year. Though some of you may have had to wait for a while. Not only are there more parents picking up their children during the first few days, but we discovered a few kinks in the system. We worked on this after school, and will continue to tweak things for the purpose of safely getting Cecil Floyd students to their parents, and to the buses and houses.
Thank you for your patience as you waited in that line, this afternoon. Our goal is to load all the cars, everyday, before 3pm. We have no doubts that we will begin to achieve this goal very soon, but please bear with us as we train the new staff members, work on our technology, and tweak the system.
What can you do to help us?
- First, it really is best that you remain in your car and allow us to bring your child(ren) to you.
- Keep your children's name on a sign that identifies their grade level; post the sign in your windshield when picking up your child(ren).
- Pull your vehicle all the way to the east end of the parking lot before stopping in order to allow a smoother flow of traffic.
- Remain in your lane. Children and teachers are crossing the lines of traffic, and we intend to keep them safe.
- If you need to speak with a teacher, administrator, nurse, or secretary, please park in a space, and do not block the loading lanes.
- Refrain from using obscene language and/or gestures with the people who are protecting your child(ren). We are human, and we make mistakes (You knew that, right?). I didn't see or hear any of this, today, but I understand the human system enough to realize that sometimes anger gets the best of all of us. We love your kids, as do you, and we are in this together.