Were you aware that there were presidents in the land before there was a president of the United States? Henry Laurens was the fifth president of the Continental Congress. Would you recognize any of the other 13 names on the list? You can find the list on Wikipedia's page about the subject. Scroll down to see the complete list.
George Washington Loses His Cool
- What do you think of General Charles Lee now?
- Would things have turned out differently if Washington had surrendered along with Lee at Monmouth?
- Why was it so important for Washington to win?
- Why was it acceptable for the battle to end as a draw?
- What is the difference between the British army and the Patriot army?
- This is one of the few times we see Washington lose his temper. Do you think his attitude toward General Lee was appropriate?
- After being court martialed, Lee openly attacked George Washington's character. Is it OK to be critical of the president or leader of your country?