- Prints of American artwork for the school
- An all-expenses paid field trip in the spring, including travel, tours, and lunch
- One week of professional art collaboration with students before the field trip
- A substitute teacher so the art teacher may also attend the field trip
- One week of deep collaboration for the teachers, this summer, with lodging and meals provided
I look forward to the experience. Any time we can make a field trip into more than just a vacation from the classroom, we should take advantage of it. This is also a chance to learn something new about subjects we know very little - how to use the museum, and art in general to support our academic standards and curricula.
We have requested a focus on the Early American and Colonial period, with emphasis on the lifestyles of the late 18th century and the history of our burgeoning nation.