- When I was in elementary school, publishing took the form of rewriting stories in my neatest handwriting for the teacher to hang on the bulletin board.
- In middle school, publishing was done with a typewriter.
- When I was in high school, I published my own weekly newspaper for my hometown.
- More recently, I have had articles published in one statewide teacher publication and two national Christian magazines.
- And most recently, I have just released my fourth novel for young people.
I understand the feeling an author gets when holding a published work in his hands. To see my name in print, from elementary school to today, has always been rewarding. I hope my students can experience the same feeling.