THE DEATH OF MANNERS: TOP COURTESIES IN DECLINE
% difference between over-55s and 18 to 34-year-olds carrying out courtesies
1. Tipping the milkman at Christmas – 42%
2. Tipping the hairdresser – 37%
3. Tipping the postman at Christmas – 36%
4. Making a tradesman a cup of a tea – 34%
5. Saying hello to the neighbors – 21 per cent
6. Offering visitors to your home a cup of tea and a biscuit – 20%
7. Opening the door for a woman or the elderly – 18%
8. Giving up a seat for a pregnant woman on public transport – 17%
Does this reveal a decline in society? Are there implications for the under 18's?
Are schools to blame? Parents? Churches?
How have advances in the media's reporting procedures? Advances in technology?
Is anyone paying attention to anyone else? Or are we too wrapped up in our own cell phones and facebook accounts to care?
Finally, where do we go from here? Is there a solution?