- What did you think about Elvis's facial expressions while he sang?
- What does the song mean when it says, "There must be lights burning brighter somewhere"?
- Is it possible to have a "better land where all my brothers walk hand in hand"?
- What role do you play in hope "shining on everyone"?
- As the song asks, "Why can't that sun appear?"
- Are we lost? Trapped? How do we fly instead?
- As dark as things get for us, is there always a "burning candle"?
- Do dreams ever come true?
- Is it possible to have a dream that is too big?
I could burden you with the Celine Dion version of this song, or I could post another Barry Manilow video (His version of this song is still the best in my opinion.), but I went back to the original 1968 Elvis Presley presentation instead. When Elvis sang this, Martin Luther King Jr. had assassinated only a couple of months prior. The song even uses some of MLK's words.
Take three and a half minutes to watch this video:
Now for some questions:
The Hoggatteer Revolution
is an extensive,
the Arts and Sciences
in the beautiful, friendly
LAND OF THE FREE
AND THE HOME
OF THE BRAVE
This site is described as
"a fantastic site... chockablock full of interesting ideas,
and useful resources."
...to like, bookmark, pin,
tweet, and share
about us...and check in regularly for updates, posted before DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT, daily!
Book Mr. Hoggatt Securely
for Your Event
Choose Your Platform:
Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
Checks & Balances
Links to external sites
on the internet are for convenience only.
No endorsement or approval of any content, products, or services is intended.
Opinions on sites are not necessarily shared
by Mr. Hoggatt
(In fact, sometimes
Mr. Hoggatt doesn't agree with anyone.)