- Always show appreciation for the act of giving.
- Say thank you immediately upon being given something by another person.
- Offer your seat to a visitor to our room.
- Treat others the way you wish to be treated.
- Accept thank yous with grace, returning with a mannerly You're welcome. No problem, You bet, and Yeah is not an acceptable reply.
- Be humble.
When George Washington was about 16 years old, he set about to copy 110 Rules of Civility from a school book. The exercise was intended to improve his penmanship while at the same time develop his character. While some of the Rules are obsolete, a few of them are quite relevant today.
Rule 32 makes us appreciate appreciation:
The Hoggatteer Revolution
is an extensive,
the Arts and Sciences
in the beautiful, friendly
LAND OF THE FREE
AND THE HOME
OF THE BRAVE
This site is described as
"a fantastic site... chockablock full of interesting ideas,
and useful resources."
...to like, bookmark, pin,
tweet, and share
about us...and check in regularly for updates, posted before DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT, daily!
Book Mr. Hoggatt Securely
for Your Event
Choose Your Platform:
Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
Checks & Balances
Links to external sites
on the internet are for convenience only.
No endorsement or approval of any content, products, or services is intended.
Opinions on sites are not necessarily shared
by Mr. Hoggatt
(In fact, sometimes
Mr. Hoggatt doesn't agree with anyone.)