- Realize it's not all about you.
- Do not feel entitled. Give more than you get.
- Be a friend to get a friend. Have close friends and good friends, but not a best friend.
- Show appreciation and thank your teachers for great lessons at the end of the class period.
- Learn the names of your peers and teachers. Address them by name.
- Cheer for your classmates and celebrate their success. Uplift others and seek to make the world a better place.
- Do not whine, complain, or be jealous.
- Seek to know your teachers better. You, too, are responsible for developing relationships.
- Mentor younger students in our school.
- Don't expect to have a girlfriend or boyfriend. You are dating education, and she is very demanding and jealous.
- Seek knowledge in every lesson. Be curious. Wonder about things you do not yet know.
- Never be satisfied with the status quo. We can only do our best, but our best can always be improved.
- Lean into the wind; don't run away from it. Don't take shelter in the storm of education; face it boldly with determination. Don't be afraid to try new things. Never stop.
- Say thank you, you're welcome, I'm sorry, and excuse me.
- Show appreciation for the things you have been given or provided by not leaving them on the floor or in classrooms. Take care of your supplies coats, lunch boxes, and other items.
- Ask for help when you need it; don't put it off.
- Identify mistakes, and correct them. Be happy when you find solutions. Don't make excuses. Be ready to sincerely apologize if you make a poor choice.
- Don't ask for or expect a reward for hard work. The reward is that you are being educated.
- Show good character and make good choices even when no one is looking. Always be neat in appearance. Keep well groomed at all times; keep nails clean and trimmed, use deodorant, brush teeth, shower daily, and wash and comb hair. Represent our school everywhere, on the court, in the mall, in the van, and throughout your life. Honor your character outside of school when using social media.
- Don't walk slowly. People who walk slow have no where to go.
Our ultimate goal is for you to S.O.A.R. - Show respect, Observe safety, Accept responsibility, and Resolve conflict. Just as a real eagle stretches its wings and soars on air currents, we want you to reach new heights as you soar in the classroom. You have some responsibility in making that happen with maturity and pride:
The Hoggatteer Revolution
is an extensive,
the Arts and Sciences
in the beautiful, friendly
LAND OF THE FREE
AND THE HOME
OF THE BRAVE
This site is described as
"a fantastic site... chockablock full of interesting ideas,
and useful resources."
...to like, bookmark, pin,
tweet, and share
about us...and check in regularly for updates, posted before DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT, daily!
Book Mr. Hoggatt Securely
for Your Event
Choose Your Platform:
Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
Checks & Balances
Links to external sites
on the internet are for convenience only.
No endorsement or approval of any content, products, or services is intended.
Opinions on sites are not necessarily shared
by Mr. Hoggatt
(In fact, sometimes
Mr. Hoggatt doesn't agree with anyone.)