The song is I Made It Through the Rain. I connected with the song, in the 1980s, when I heard the first lines, "We dreamers have our ways / of facing rainy days." People often accuse the Hoggatt boys of being dreamers due to our high aspirations and wild ideas.
- Is dreaming the same as goal setting? Is dreaming the same as having a vision? Or is dreaming something that is unachievable?
- What is your dream?
- Can you expect to achieve your dream without hindrance? What kind of rainy days might stand in your way?
- Who "stands up for you", "refuses to sit down", and encourages you to chase your dreams? How?
- What does it mean to protect your dreams from the storm? How might this be achieved?
- How does it feel when the sun appears? What does this mean in regards to achieving your dream?
- Can you help someone achieve their dreams? Are you more often the storm, the rain, or the sun for the people around you?
- Is there an application for the message of this song for our class?