- What message does the Katy Perry song, Firework, send to you?
- Have you experienced a tragedy that left you needing your family or peers for support?
- How is it possible to smile and sing after experiencing such horrific devastation?
- What would help you survive if you were in need? Who might be able to help you?
- What are the properties of a survivor? A thriver?
- Is being a victim different from being a survivor? In what ways?
- Things do not always turn out the way we think they should. Someone once said, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." In your life, when have you been able to turn a bad situation into a good one?
- How does tragedy strengthen a person?
On May 22, 2011, Joplin, Missouri, experienced the most destructive tornado in modern history. Much has been written about our resilient spirit during the rescue, recovery, and rebuilding of our fair city following the devastation. After the destruction of the high school, administrators secured two locations in which our high school students would meet for a couple of years. The junior/senior campus was placed in an empty big box store in North Park Mall, temporarily, while awaiting a new high school. I can pick out a few Hoggatteers in this amazing illustration of surviving and thriving.
Take nine minutes to watch this video:
Now for some questions:
The Hoggatteer Revolution
is an extensive,
the Arts and Sciences
in the beautiful, friendly
LAND OF THE FREE
AND THE HOME
OF THE BRAVE
This site is described as
"a fantastic site... chockablock full of interesting ideas,
and useful resources."
...to like, bookmark, pin,
tweet, and share
about the site...
and check in regularly
for new material,
posted daily before
DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT!
Book Mr. Hoggatt Securely
for Your Event
Choose Your Platform:
Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
Checks & Balances
Links to external sites
on the internet are for convenience only.
No endorsement or approval of any content, products, or services is intended.
Opinions on sites are not necessarily shared
by Mr. Hoggatt
(In fact, sometimes
Mr. Hoggatt doesn't agree with anyone.)