- that the storyteller or the historian could have bias
- that people see events from varying perspectives (that could color their account)
- that the winners get to write the history
- that the heroes tend to embellish their own stories
- that minorities often get left out of history
- that history could be revised with new findings
I was pleased with my students when they were patient with the sound issues, when they responded appropriately to the presenters, and when they asked better questions at the end. Some of them thought it was pretty cool that they were interacting with people in Washington, DC.